The crazy and hectic lives we all lead today drain all our energy and leave us tired and lifeless. Even after waking up in the morning, we feel lethargic, leading to mental and physical exhaustion. Many turn to tea, coffee, or sweets, but there is a much healthier alternative to all of it.
Practice yoga to energize your body and mind. An energetic morning will make you indefatigable for the rest of the day. So kick start your day with these best asanas for energy.
- Ujjayi Pranayama
Ujjayi Pranayama, or frontal cleansing breath, is the most effective yoga to get instant energy. It awakens and moves energy through your brain and revitalizes your body by generating heat and rhythm.
- Sit on a yoga mat in a comfortable meditative posture.
- Close your eyes and relax yourself.
- Inhale deeply through your nostrils and expand your chest completely.
- Expel the breath through powerful contraction of abdominal muscles and continue with forceful exhalation and passive inhalation. Do not strain.
- Relax and take deep breaths.
- Yoga for Lose Face Fat and Double Chin
- Yoga to Reduce Back Fat in Just 7 Days
- Top 10 Yoga Poses to Improve Memory And Concentration
- Yoga Exercises to Get Your Thighs and Hips in Shape
- The Best Yoga Poses to Reduce Inner Thighs Fat
- Ustrasana or Camel pose
Ustraana or Camel pose is an intense backbend posture. Among yoga poses for morning energy, ustrasana gives a great energy boost and improves spine flexibility.
- Kneel on your yoga mat with your feet hip-width apart and your shoulders in line with your knees.
- Inhale and walk your hands down, trying to grab your ankles.
- Push your pelvic forward and look up toward the ceiling.
- Gently let go of the position by engaging your core and bringing your torso back in the initial position.
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
Bhujangasan or Cobra Pose is not only yoga for energy flow; it also strengthens the shoulder and back muscles.
- Lie on your stomach on a yoga mat and place your forehead on the ground.
- Bring your hands beside your chest with your elbows pointed upwards.
- Inhale and lift your torso from the ground supported by your hands.
- On exhale, lower your body slowly back to the ground and relax.
- Repeat a few times.
- Effective Yoga Asanas to Increase Height
- Effective Yoga Poses to Increase Stamina
- Yoga Asanas that will Give you a Flat Tummy
- Yoga for Hair Growth and Thickness
- Beginner’s Frequently Asked Questions about Yoga Answered
- Yoga Poses for Insomnia: Simple Yoga Poses for a Better Sleep
- Setu Bandhasana or Bridge Pose
Setu Bandhasana, or bridge pose as the name suggests, the body looks like a bridge in the final posture. It helps to strengthen your core and pelvic muscles.
Setu Bandhasana Steps:
- Lie on the floor with your legs folded and bring your feet as close to your hips as possible.
- Engage your core and lift your thighs and buttocks from the floor with the weight of the body balanced on your neck and feet.
- Lift your navel as high as possible and try to hold the position for a few seconds.
- Slowly come down and rest for a while.
- Utkatasana or Chair pose
Utkatasana or Chair pose is great yoga for energy and focus. It stimulates your arms, legs, and diaphragm of the heart. You have to sit in an imaginary chair and focus on maintaining your balance.
- Stand with your spine straight look straight. Try to focus your gaze and look straight.
- Raise your hands in front parallel to the floor.
- Slowly bend your knees as if sitting on a chair and keep your spine as straight as possible.
- Hold the posture and maintain your gaze.
- Slowly straighten your knees and relax your hands.
- Health Benefits of Ustrasana
- Chakrasana (Wheel Pose): steps, cautions and benefits
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose) steps, precautions and benefits
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) meaning, steps, precautions and benefits
- 6 Yoga Poses for Low Blood Pressure
- 5 Yoga Poses for High Blood Pressure
- Chakrasana or Wheel pose
Chakrasana or Wheel pose is the best yoga for energy and stamina. In addition, it is excellent for gut health and strengthens your spine. However, it comes under the advanced asana category, so be careful to avoid any injury.
- Lie down on a yoga mat and prepare yourself for the asana.
- Bend your knees and bring your feet closer to touch your buttocks.
- Bring your palms in front of your shoulders with your palms facing down.
- Inhale and press your arms and feet on the ground and lift your body to form a wheel.
- Try to raise your pelvis as much as you can and balance your weight on your arms and legs.
- Hold the posture and slowly bring down your hips to the floor and relax.
- Vriksasana or Tree Pose
Vrisksasana or tree pose helps to improve body balance and improves neuromuscular coordination. It strengthens your spine and legs as well.
- Stand straight keeping your feet together and try to find your equilibrium.
- Place both palms in front of your chest folded together in Namaste.
- While inhaling raise your arms straight above your head and place the left foot on your right thigh. Balance your body on the right leg and try to hold the position.
- Slowly put down your left leg and lower your arms. Repeat with the other leg.