The ancient Indian practice of yoga has a plethora of health benefits. Yoga improves skin health and tones your body. People are turning towards yoga for hair fall control and growth as they become aware o the wonders Yoga can do.
Different yoga poses for hair growth work by improving blood circulation and oxygen supply to your scalp. They also help in relieving stress and calming down the mind, thus preventing hair fall.
Let’s look at some asanas in yoga for hair growth and thickness:
1. Balayam Yoga
Balayam yoga or nail rubbing exercise is the simplest exercise for hair growth and thickness. Unlike other asanas, it does not involve body movement and can be done anytime. Just rub identical fingernails against each other using some force. Rubbing nails yoga for hair growth can be done anytime and anywhere.
Balayam Yoga benefits are:
- Promotes natural hair growth.
- Adds a natural shine a glow to your hair.
- Balayam yoga for hair growth on bald head has been found effective.
- Slows down graying of hair
- Can solve problems such as alopecia areata, pattern baldness, and other hereditary hair problems.
Pranayama or breathing exercises involve various forms of breathing techniques. Practice Pranayama yoga for hair growth and glowing skin. An effective breathing exercise
- Anulom Vilom- This Alternate breathing practice balances Ida and Pingala and helps get rid of free radicals. Regular practice cleanses the nervous system and relaxes you promoting hair growth.
Anulom Vilom steps:
- Sit in any meditation position keeping your neck and spine straight
- Place your thumb on the right nostril and your ring finger on the left nostril.
- Close your right nostril using your thumb and inhale deeply with your left nostril.
- Close your left nostril with your ring finger and release your thumb
- Exhale slowly through your right nostril, focus on the incoming and outgoing breathe.
- Now do it in reverse
3. Prasarita padottanasana(Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend)
Prasarita padottanasana is considered to be one of the best asanas in yoga for hair growth and thickness. This inverted posture helps to reduce depression also relieves headaches.
Prasarita padottanasana steps:
- Stand with your legs hip-width apart
- Bend forward from your hip joint, keeping your spine as straight as possible.
- Keep your palms on the ground and if comfortable, try to touch your head to the ground.
- Stay in this position as long as you can.
- Inhale and slowly bring your torso back up without bending your spine.
- Relax for some time.
Recommended Post –
- Yoga Poses and Asanas for Hair Fall Control, Hair Growth & Strength
- Foods for Hair Growth and Thickness
- Beginner’s Frequently Asked Questions about Yoga Answered
Popularly known as fish pose, it is a simple asana in yoga for the growth of hair which is known to relieve most hair problems with daily practice.
- Lie down on your back while bending your knees inward like sitting in a crossed leg position.
- Now, place your hands next to your hips; place your palms on the ground.
- Engage your core and rise, arching your neck.
- Hold the posture for some time and then relax.
Vajrasana or thunderbolt pose directly deal with stomach-related issues, which play a big part in hair fall.
- Sit down on your heels while keeping your neck and back straight. Also, keep your knees and heels together.
- Keep your hands in a relaxed position on your thighs and keep your vision straight.
- Relax in this position
Balasana or child pose combats digestive problems and stress, two major factors of hair fall.
- Sit on a mat with your knees folded and hips close to your heels.
- Stretch your palms upwards and inhale.
- Exhale and bend down from your core till your forehead and palms touch the ground. Keep your spine straight.
- Relax and concentrate on your breathing.
7. Adho Mukha Svanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana is commonly known as a downward-facing dog. Its boosts oxygen supply and blood flow to your scalp, which increases hair growth.
Adho Mukha Svanasana Steps:
- Stand straight on with your feet slightly apart and reach for the ground.
- Stretch your hands and legs.
- Keep your neck loose and feel the stretch.
- Let go and relax.
Uttanpadasana is ideal for alleviating digestion-related problems, which enable better absorption of nutrients and promote healthy hair growth.
- Lie down on your back. Inhale and hold your breath.
- Stretch your feet and engage your core.
- Lift your legs about one foot above the ground and try to hold for a few seconds.
- Slowly bring your legs back down while exhaling.
- Rest for a few seconds.
A word of caution- Don’t overdo with yoga practice, or you will sprain your muscles. Practice regularly, and you will be getting visible results in no time.