Most people who work in offices live a sedentary and stressful lifestyle. Yoga can help to distress and build up energy. Irrespective of your age or how long you have not exercised, once you make yoga a part of your lifestyle, it will change your body and mind. Yoga to increase stamina and strength boosts your metabolism and makes you stronger and fitter.
Let’s look at a few yoga poses to increase stamina:
Navasana or boat pose is one the most effective yoga for muscle strength buildup in the abdominal region. The body takes the form of a low boat in this asana. Focus and strength are required to perform this asana.
- Sit on the floor with your legs folded and your hands placed beside your hips.
- Lean backward and raise your shins to be parallel to the ground.
- Bring your arms forward and balance your body on your buttocks.
- Keep your core engaged throughout, and hold the posture for as long as you can.
- Release the pose and relax.
- Sitting Wide-Legged Straddle Pose
Sitting wide-legged straddle pose or Hanumanasana is great among yoga poses for male stamina. This asana increases the blood flow towards the groin region and improves your sense of balance.
Sitting Wide-Legged Straddle Pose steps:
- Sit straight in a comfortable position with your feet flexed.
- Spread your legs apart and start pressing them towards the floor, keeping your thighs engaged.
- Come downwards towards the ground but do not strain.
- Hold for a few seconds, then let go and rest for some time.
Recommended Post –
- Yoga for Lose Face Fat and Double Chin
- Yoga to Reduce Back Fat in Just 7 Days
- Top 10 Yoga Poses to Improve Memory And Concentration
- Yoga Exercises to Get Your Thighs and Hips in Shape
- The Best Yoga Poses to Reduce Inner Thighs Fat
- Child Pose
Child’s pose or Balasana relaxes your body and senses, which enable you to perform your tasks better throughout the day.
Child Pose steps:
- Kneel on a yoga mat and stretch out your arms in front of you.
- Rest your palms on the floor and spread your knees wide on the floor.
- Bring your belly to rest between your thighs and lower your forehead to the ground.
- Relax and connect with your breathing.
- Bakasana (Crow Pose) steps, benefits and precautions
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose) steps, cautions and benefits
- Yoga Asanas that will Give you a Flat Tummy
- 5 Yoga Poses to prevent and cure Thyroid disorders
- Yoga for shoulder pain
- Naukasana (Boat Pose) meaning, steps, precautions and benefits
- Yoga Asanas to Instant Energy
- Bridge Pose
Bridge pose is an apt asana for beginners among exercises to increase stamina and strengthen pelvic muscles. As the name suggests, the body takes the form of an enclosed bridge while performing this asana.
Bridge Pose steps:
- Lie down on a yoga mat with your legs folded and arms next to your body.
- Take support from your shoulders, thighs, and feet and lift your back off the floor.
- Keep breathing slowly and deeply and hold the position for a few minutes.
- Slowly let go of the posture and relax.
- Bakasana (Crane Pose)
Bakasana or Crane Pose strengthens your arms and core muscles. It improves your sense of balance and energizes your body.
- Begin with a low squat on a mat with your palms on the floor and fingers widespread.
- Lift your legs and place your knees on the edge of your arms and distribute your weight evenly.
- Slowly shift your body weight forward and lift your toes one leg at a time.
- Try to hold the position for some time and slowly bring your legs down.
- Marjariasana (Cat Pose)
Marjariasana is similar to table pose. HCat pose is associated with so many important benefits including one of the best yoga poses for the health of the spine and increase stamina.
- Sit in Vajrasana, stand on the knees.
- Lean in the forward direction. Place the hands flat on the floor with palms down and fingers facing towards the forward direction.
- Keep the hands in a line with the knees. Keep the arms and thighs perpendicular to the floor. It is the starting position.
- Push your waist and navel down and raise your tailbone. Maintain this pose for 5 seconds.
- Exhale and slowly drop your head, bringing the chin to the chest. Arch your back as much as you can.
- Hold this position for a few seconds before returning to the table pose.
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose) steps, precautions and benefits
- 6 Yoga Poses to practice during Pregnancy
- Can Yoga Reduce High Blood Pressure?
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend) steps, precautions and benefits
- Bakasana (Crow Pose) steps, benefits and precautions
- 7 Yoga Poses to Ease Sciatica Pain
- Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
Triangle pose or Trikonasana aligns all your joints and helps you to concentrate better. In addition, it helps to improve body energy and maintain a balanced metabolism.
- Stand straight with your legs at least three feet apart and your hands parallel to the ground.
- Inhale and bend your torso towards your left. Glide your left arm down your left leg, trying to touch the ground.
- Simultaneously keep your right arm raised and try to gaze towards your right-hand fingers.
- Hold the position and feel the stretch.
- Slowly let go of the posture and stand straight. Repeat on the other side.
- Standing Forward Bend (Hastapadasana)
Standing Forward Bend or Hastapadasana increases blood flow to the head region and involves a lot of focus. It also helps to get rid of a bloated stomach
Standing Forward Bend (Hastapadasana) Steps:
- Start by standing tall with your feet together and spine straight.
- Evenly distribute your weight on both feet and raise your arms.
- Bend forward from your hips and try to touch your toes without bending the knees.
- Grab the toe fingers if you can and push deeper into the posture.
- Hold the posture for as long as comfortable but do not strain.
- Let go slowly and take deep breaths to relax.
- Yoga for Weight Loss – Asanas to Burn Fat Seamlessly
- Yoga Poses for Insomnia: Simple Yoga Poses for a Better Sleep
- Yoga for Neck Pain: Poses to Ease Your Aching Neck
- 6 Yoga Poses for Low Blood Pressure
- 5 Yoga Poses for High Blood Pressure
Yoga can give you a daily boost of energy and stamina required by you in your daily life. Along with yoga, try to eat healthily and get lots of rest so that your body is fresh and your mind is relaxed.