More than 80.000 patients worldwide undergo Gamma Knife yearly. It stops growth, reduces size, and often eliminates brain neoplasms. For many patients, it is a real chance to survive a deadly disease. So, the main question is, where can I get high-quality treatment on the Gamma Knife?
The world’s leading hospitals are represented on the AiroMedical platform.
Our rating is based on an objective assessment of their diagnostic and treatment capabilities, the clinic’s reports analysis, participation in clinical trials, results of patient interviews, and many other factors.
Criteria for selecting the best hospitals for Gamma Кnife
AiroMedical has long and successfully cooperated with the best nuclear medicine centers. We know which ones are leading, where the famous radiologists work, and which ones have the latest equipment. We would be happy to help you find a hospital for Gamma Кnife therapy.
Some useful tips:
- International accreditation. Choose well-known hospitals in the medical world. The JCI status testifies to medical care’s perfect quality and safety according to the highest standards.
- Qualification of neurologists, neurosurgeons, and radiologists. Find out information about doctors leading in treating your disease, and try to get to the hospital where they consult.
- The effectiveness of the Gamma Кnife in treating your illness. Check out the clinic’s profile on the AiroMedical platform. Note the list of hospitals’ services and equipment.
- Possibility of remote consultation. What to do if you pick up several doctors? It is impractical to fly to everyone for a personal appointment. A “remote consultation” service will be an excellent alternative. During the video meeting, the doctor assesses your clinical case, provides recommendations, and answers questions.
Top hospitals for Gamma Кnife in the United States
The leading hospitals in the US specializing in Gamma Knife therapy are:
- Texas Southwestern University Medical Center Dallas
- Virginia University Medical Center Charlottesville
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- Baylor University Medical Center Dallas
- University Hospital Kansas City
Benefits of medical treatment in the US
American doctors were among the first to develop and apply non-invasive radiosurgery. The indisputable advantages of treatment in the US:
- Extensive experience in treating different types of brain tumors when conservative treatments have failed.
- Data and statistical studies are regularly presented at international conferences that study stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Outpatient treatment with maximum comfort and convenience to the patient.
Top hospitals for Gamma knife in Europe
In the range-topping list of hospitals in Europe, there are such ones:
- University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University, Germany
- Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch, Germany
- University Hospital Aachen, Germany
- University Hospital Charite Berlin, Germany
- Gamma Knife Center Warsaw, Poland
Benefits of medical treatment in Europe
The success of European medicine is due to the following:
- The highest doctors’ professionalism and technical capabilities show their talent in well-equipped clinics.
- The functionality of hospitals in Europe is provided with installations of the latest generation of Gamma knives.
- A short period of stay in the clinic. The treatment in Europe is carried out in one day.
Top hospitals for Gamma knife in Poland
One of the best hospitals in Poland for Gamma knife are:
- Gamma Knife Center Warsaw
- Gamma Knife Exira Center Katowice
- Maria Sklodowska-Curie Memorial Institute of Oncology Warsaw
- Greater Poland Cancer Centre Poznan
- Oncology Center Lublin
Benefits of medical treatment in Poland
Gamma knife treatment in Poland has been actively used in neurosurgery for more than ten years:
- Doctors in radio- and neurosurgery are recognized as indisputable authority within Europe and in countries of all continents worldwide.
- Timely introduction of new technologies.
- Hospitals in Poland with Gamma knives are accredited in the prestigious international JCI format.
Top hospitals for Gamma knife in Italy
The list of hospitals leading in the field of radiosurgery are:
- University Hospital San Raffaele Milan IRCCS
- European Institute of Oncology Milan
- Integrated University Hospital Verona
- Careggi University Hospital Florence
- Padova University Hospital
Benefits of medical treatment in Italy
Advantages of treatment with a Gamma knife in Italy:
- Minimal risk and absence of complications.
- Rapid recovery of lost functions, quality of life, and efficiency of the patient.
- Average prices for treatment in Italy are 30%-40% lower than in other European countries and hospitals in the US.
Top hospitals for Gamma knife in Germany
Such a list of hospitals demonstrates great successes in radiosurgery:
- University Hospital Wurzburg
- Radiotherapy and Gamma Knife Centre Krefeld
- Radiotherapy and Gamma Knife Centre Hanover
- University Hospital Erlangen
- University Hospital Marburg
Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
Advantages of Gamma Knife in Germany:
- Tactics of close interdisciplinary and interprofessional cooperation.
- Advanced imaging techniques to adapt the impact to changes in the medical situation in the shortest time.
- Vast experience with neuroradiologists who conduct research.
Best Gamma knife doctors worldwide
On the AiroMedical portal, we regularly publish information about “the best of the best” in the medical world. Many of them are the authors of numerous innovations that have defined the face of modern radiosurgery:
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael Flentje
- Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Zips
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael J. Eble
- Prof. Dr. med. Rita Engenhart-Cabilliic
- Prof. Dr. med. Miroslaw Zabek
Best treatment solutions with Gamma knife
The Gamma Knife belongs to the gold standards of radiosurgery. With its help, procedures for treating various diseases are carried out. The main indications for Gamma Knife therapy:
- Brain oncology. Most often, the Gamma Knife is used for:
- Removal of brain cancer – meningiomas, astrocytomas, and glioblastomas. It is effective for pituitary adenoma and pineal gland cysts.
- Brain metastases treatment in lung, breast, stomach, liver cancer, etc.
- Benign brain neoplasms.
- Vascular and neurology brain disorders. Gamma Knife makes it possible to treat:
- Temporal lobe and multiple epilepsy.
- Cerebral vascular aneurysm.
- Trigeminal neuralgia.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Glaucoma and many other pathologies.
During the short existence of the Gamma Knife, the percentage of 5-year survival has risen from 47% to 80%. Procedures have proven their antitumor activity in action. Successful treatment in more than 90% gives positive results.
How to get treatment in the best hospitals for Gamma knife
It’s always challenging for a patient to decide on treatment abroad. These doubts are logical and understandable – with such a choice of clinics, doctors, and agencies, it is difficult to make the right choice.
A vast library of knowledge on diseases and the latest methods of their cure is available for each visitor of the AiroMedical portal. By contacting us, you will receive a clear and objective answer about which doctor and Gamma Knife hospital are best advanced in treating your illness.
Our work with you begins in your country, continues all the time while you are on treatment, and does not end even after your return. We value our reputation and do not make groundless promises to patients who trust us with their health and sometimes their lives. We strive to ensure that every patient has access to the advanced achievements of world medicine, regardless of the diagnosis complexity or financial situation.
Leave a request on the website, and we will find the best solution for your disease.
- Verhaak E., Schimmel W., Gehring K., Emons W., Hanssens P. Health-related quality of life after Gamma knife radiosurgery in patients with 1–10 brain metastases. Springer link. Published October 6, 2020. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00432-020-03400-w
- Kreil W., Luggin J., Fuch I., Weigl V., Eustacchio S. Long-term experience of gamma knife radiosurgery for benign skull base meningiomas. Neurology, neurosurgery & psychiatry. Published September 16, 2005. https://jnnp.bmj.com/content/76/10/1425
- Lippitz B., Bartek J., Mathiesen T., Forander P. Ten-year follow-up after Gamma knife radiosurgery of meningioma and review of the literature. National library of medicine. Published June 26, 2020. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7415024/
- Kozina J. Gamma knife surgery: alternative to many conditions and more. AiroMedical. Published December 5, 2022. https://airomedical.com/blogs/articles/gamma-knife-surgery-alternative-to-many-conditions-and-more
- Popel A. GammaKnife. AiroMedical. Updated January, 2023. https://airomedical.com/search/gamma-knife